TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #2586
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
I think what she meant with 'blocked' is that given her past results in AO (where she underachieved, given her past year result and her SF loss against Sharpie), she put a lot of pressure in herself that she self-destructed in the process. She wanted to have a good showing in AO but got entangled in her thinking (too many expectations), albeit being aware that she can play superbly well on a good day, but again putting too much pressure on herself. Hopefully, she'll learn from this unexpected loss and be able to get that mental balance in her future matches, especially in AO where she can get far in the draw, given the surface. Also, given her top-10 status, she should be able to detach herself from this pressure by now because she is a top-ten player for over two years and a grandslam champion. I mean, this gal can play lights out tennis when in a carefree state (flashback against Mchale a week ago, Dubai last year) but implodes when faced with tension. For me, this is not a problem of poor footwork, abysmal serve or horrendous ROS, these are the aftermath of her mental turmoil and the inability to cope with tension/pressure.
Agreed, that is what I think she thinks it was (if that makes any sense at all ).
I think that of course, she is a top ten player for some time now, but she had bad season with some terrible results on Grand Slam tournaments - last results were: AO13 - 2r, RG13 - 3r, W13 - (lucky) Qf, USO - (terrible) 3r (loss) and now AO14 - 1r. I think that speaks for it self.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote