TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #2425
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

I have just been looking through the ITF Calendar and as Anett doesn't have a tournament limit anymore it will be very easy for her to make the Top 200. As Estonians start school later it means that she still has her studies which she should definitely finish, but there is no reason why she can't just build up points from European 25Ks. Although the schedules far from finished, the month of February is. I don't think Anett should play too many WTA events in that area where she has nothing to defend between Burnie and Moscow because she can fit in quite a few European 25Ks and get hundreds of points However with the new WTA points system she will need to go farther in tournaments although the new system actually benefits her due to her bursts of excellence but inconsistency. This a good schedule I think for her for January/February

January 20-26: 25K Andrezieux-Boutheon.
January 27-February 2: WTA Paris (if she gets into Qualies)
February 5-8: Fed Cup Euro/Africa Zone III
February 10-16: 15K Tallinn
February 17-23: 25K Nottingham, 25K Moscow, 25K Kreuzlingen OR February 24-March 2: 25K Beinasco.

My reasons for this choice: The 25K in France is better than playing the 50K in Australia as not only is it better for her development but it is stupid to stay in Australia for so long. WTA Paris after that is more of just an experience to see how she can go at a Premier event where she will probably win very few matches but she has nothing really to lose and a lot to gain, that's presuming she actually gets in. She will then get quite a bit of time,at least a week off, and will not play much at Fed Cup. Maybe a match vs Barbat I then think that the 15K in Tallinn is a smart move. As 15Ks have been upgraded to 25 Points for the winner, it gives her a good opportunity to stay at home and play and hopefully win some easy matches and get some easy points (more than a 25K SF under the new conditions if she wins ). It is also good from a publicity and sponsors stand-point and it seems they may have made the tournament a 15K instead of a 10K hoping she would play I would normally suggest playing a 25K the next week as there are the most in Europe in one week in the Calendar so far but she will probably be tired so it may be better to train and relax for a bit as Anett never plays well when she is tired. I do think that the Italian 25K is an option because Indoor Clay is a surface that Anett would be good on IMO and it will be weaker because all the other 25Ks are on Indoor Hard. However she may not want to start her Clay season that early and it would be inconvenient to have to prepare for just 1 Clay tournament... I do not think she should leave Europe for a while (at least not majorly until after RG + Wimby) hence I did not include the Indian tournaments. We will have to see what will happen and I know that is quite packed for a busy young girl but that is what I thought of
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote