TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Helen Wills Thread

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2014, 02:27 AM   #25
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Helen Wills Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Anyway I had to share this-I recently bought Helen's autograph on Ebay. It was very distinctive, as Helen often drew little pictures of herselfwith the famous visor.

At any rate when got the autograph on Friday I showed it to my tennis buddy. We noticed writing on the back and flipped the sheet over. It looked like "John ??? Ford' to me, but it turned out to be JOAN CRAWFORD. That's right-the original "Mommy Dearest" herself! The person who sold it to me must have missed that!
Two great autographs at once!I think Wills was basically a snob, and resented Jacobs popularity, even though she was the greater player. I believe Jacobs served in the military during WWII.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote