TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

View Single Post

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #649
country flag Laver_Slam

Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomShot View Post
Been following her since Estoril 2008, and it had always puzzled me how she didn't have better results; with her talent and her game, I always figured she was capable of more. After a couple of years of fairly average results, came that incredible fortnight at Wimbledon 2010, where she showed what she could do. And to prove it wasn't a fluke, she nearly repeated of her performance the following year. Though she never quite matched that high, her results were okay if steadily dwindling. But then came 2013. Certainly not her best year, and she finished outside top 100, a far cry from her career high of #31.

She mentioned she wasn't happy with her results, and after bowing out in Shenzen qualifying I was hesitant to expect qualification into the Sydney MD. She won her way through qualies, then beat Cirstea in the first round. From then on, every win had me take notice. A good week, I thought, but probably nothing more. But then she straight-setted Errani, a top 10 player. An excellent match, and with it came her WTA semi final debut. A new milestone, a big breakthrough, but surely it would end against Kvitova, who she had a 0-3 H2H against? Nope, another win, again in straight sets, and into her debut final. Superlatives couldn't fit the bill, surely no one had seen this coming on Monday? But here she was, as a mere qualifier, having won 7 matches to get to this point. What an amazing week it had been for her. The WTA were poised in anticipation, the runners were set and the guns were fired. Straight sets later, she'd finished it off in the best way possible: her first title. A tournament to remember. Regardless of what happens in her career, she will always have this week. The final qualifying round losses or the first round wins in Tier IV tournaments may be forgotten, but this will always be remembered.

There's been ups, there's been downs, but it's always been interesting supporting her. Congratulations, Tsvetana .

What a beautiful post!
It so amazing that she won this title and I am really happy for her.
Laver_Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote