TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 05:11 PM   #1082
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I am not comfortable with what navritilova says...it can easily be looked at as her using maria to express her resentment at a player who is a threat to her place in tennis history.
Agree with this. As the years gave gone by, Martina appears to have nothing good to say about any player who has attained comparity to her achievements. She has expressed before that she does not wish for Serena to equal the record of GS (singles) titles.

I may be in the minority, but this ESPN article is pure trash talking. Am quite shocked that Max has actually said some of those things quoted ie, 'Her value to sponsors and the only real player'. It appears to play into the hands of those who do not believe Maria is a serious tennis champion who should be respected for what she has achieved on court, but more what she brings to sponsors and her off court earnings.
This is only my take on it, but I just don't get the relevance of his ramblings. Maria's team does not need to do this.
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote