TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #2990
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Yes i saw the match, she had so many opportunities to end it but lost them all. I must admit Cabeza game was way batter than you`ll expect form a player ranked 114 and had to qualify for an MM tournament. But i guess this is the Qualifiers week, seeing what is happening in Sydney
Yes. I also think it was to a large extent a match up issue. Monica does often struggle with Spanairds who play in the classic Spanish manner of getting lots of balls back and a playing with discipline. And Estrella played a great match, credit to her. Yeah, it's bit of bummer of a result and obviously in a match as closely contested as this one was it wouldn't have taken much more for it to have shifted into a Monica victory. But it wasn't to be and that's life. I'm still pretty happy with Monica's form going into the AO.