TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

View Single Post

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #39
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
LOL. This is a good one. That dress was also labeled as "peasant-chic" by some newspaper....
However, I just loved it. I loved when Maria was having sport and fashion flirting in her dresses. Another great one was the white tuxedo at Wimbledon 2008.

I wish she would go back to that approach and experiment a bit more with her outfits, although as we all know with her body she looks great in just about anything.
I completely agree with this, but... I do think that Nike saw the marketing potential in Maria with her own line, and creating those unique peaces for mass production is simply not an option. Imagine making hundreds of dresses like her US Open 2006 night one (which to this day remains my favorite outfit that she ever wore on a tennis court). So they reverted to more sporty outfits, which I do like, although I wish that they would play a little bit more with some discreet prints and patterns, and not just colors. That being said, she did have some very good outfits in the latest years, my faves being US Open 2011 night dress (which not a lot of people seemed to like ), French 2012, Rome 2011...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote