TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

View Single Post

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #2631
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
keeping points short and hitting 180km/h first serves used to be kaia's thing for a long time, but since her one-two punch game used to be too erratic she's become more patient. as a result, her winner/ ue ratio has improved. she also seems to rely more on spin now than earlier in her career and her first serve % has probably improved, however, her serve is not as effective a weapon as it used to be.

she tends to be a bit one-dimensional indeed, but at 28 years of age it's tough to change your style of play, particularly if touch and all-court skills are lacking a bit. then again most women are not blessed with the kind of power and topspin that kaia has. i think kaia should stick to her guns but keep her head cool when facing high-caliber or uncomfortable opponents.
I am not saying that she should go for the one two punch all the time but there are times where she could take balls out of the air or just earlier and could hit a winner. She hits as hard as Sharapova and Williams but because they stand so much farther up the court they take time away from their opponents, hence their better results vs the likes of Wozniacki, Radwanska and Kerber.

As for being one-dimensional, Kaia has the shots, in particular her Drop Shot and Slice, but she just chooses not to use them. I also think she should use her heavy topspin moonballs more like she did vs A-Rad and Woz in Brussels and RG 2012 On these Hardcourts and going into the clay season it is a great way for her to push her opponents back and attack

99.9% of her performance was amazing, I was just saying little things that she may want to eork on. BTW, is her coach still Ojasalu? I don't think she had one here Also I think the hooligans stayed behind this year I wanted to join them

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.

Last edited by chingching : Jan 7th, 2014 at 07:13 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote