TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

View Single Post

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #2619
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
What is a Russified Estonian name Yeah I wouldn't expect her family to still be Russian oriented. It worries me when Estonians like Jana Kuzovkova post everything on Facebook and Instagram in Russian and even reply to Estonian posts in Russian. BTW, what is an original Estonian name. I can identify the Swedish, Russian and German ones quite easily but not so much the others. Like Ani and Rüütel seem Estonian but is Kontaveit German? She looks kinda German in particular her Dad...
I'd guess Estonians have a bit of German in them, after all Germans were here about 700 years, lot's of time to mix some blood

It's quite interesting with the surnames, Estonians got them in 1800s, some could make their own choice, some were given by Germans, and since they were also written down by Germans, some Estonian words could look not like Estonian words. And over time there were some letters lost, some added, some changed. And there was a period from 1935 till the Soviet occupation where people could change their names more easily than before.

I don't know with surnames, but for example a person was born as Kustaw, died as Konstantin.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote