TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #4979
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Would be remiss if I didn't tip my hat to Ivanovic for her first REAL title since fall 2010...and only her 2nd in more than five years(it's hard to call Bali a "title" when it was basically no better than a second-tier, 8-player exhibition). To keep things brief, ANYone can smile for the camera and put on a phony, sweet persona if people are fawning all over her, but Ana's unparalleled rapid, impulsive firings of staff members spells out B-I-T-C-H in giant, block letters.

Even so, there are different DEGREES of bitches, and AI certainly isn't in the sewer depths with Marie Antoinette or Margaret Sanger so, by virtue of her human being status, she deserves to be treated with at least SOME level of dignity. Perhaps her hormones have slowed down enough as she has aged...perhaps she discreetly sought out psychological counseling despite her being publicly ashamed of that option...or maybe she just reached down within herself and, SOMEHOW, found the strength somewhere.

Stosur totally defied her choker past by defeating Serena in a USO final. She still collapses much more than she should but, at worst, she has a foundation for belief now that she can replicate such deeds. Maybe AI has done the same in NZ. Even if she goes right back to being her old self, beating Venus in a final(even the weaker version of Venus that she now is) is still a laudable accomplishment....ESPECIALLY for AI. One thing's for sure: If she returns to the mediocre, fringe-top 20 form that she's had for most all of her career, then she'll really, REALLY drive her fans crazy

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!