TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #876
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Yes, it did seem a strange decision to deliberately go it alone for however long. But maybe she felt constricted by having a coach all year? Wasn't there something said at the time she parted ways with Adrian Marcu - something like she wants to improve her self-reliance and confidence in herself by trying it alone for a while?

Did you notice at the match yesterday they showed 2 men in the crowd? It was only very quick for 1 or 2 seconds. On BT Sport the commentator said they were Simona's team. In the brief glance we got I didn't immediately recognise them. I'm not sure if one of them was her hitting partner - isn't he the young guy that sat next to Marcu at Sofia and other tournaments? Perhaps he is doing a semi-coaching role as well as being her hitting partner?