TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #872
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Is she a robot ?? She was the last player who ended 2013.. after 50+ matches in 5 months
It was a disaster. Any decently playing opponent would have double bageled her.

But, you are right. The start of the year is always pulling some surprises. Players who started later into the off-season preparation because they had a longer year are still rusty and players that are already in full match-practice can take advantage.

However, if Simona knows that she needs a lot of matches to get into rhythm and she needs it as it is not the first time she is performing like that after a longer break (against Hsieh in Cincinnati), she should have played in calendar week 1 already because her self-confidence is surely suffering. However, she ended up reaching Cinci QF after shaking up the rust, so I'm optimistic that she will perform well at the AO.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still hoping for the best and know how amazing her progress over the last year has been, but this is not a reason for me to support everything she does from now on. A match like this shouldn't happen anymore and I hope she learned from it.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jan 5th, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!