TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Margaret Court's Serve

View Single Post

Old Jun 16th, 2004, 07:55 PM   #9
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by samn
Oh, and for those who saw Court in her prime, did she often hit leaping overheads such as the one she seems to be hitting in this picture?
I can't say that I saw her in her prime, however, I do have a couple matches on video, and she does leap on her overheads. I think that particular photo you have is from the 1970 Wimbledon Final versus Billie Jean King. On one point during the 1973 USO semi versus Evert (who gave her tons of lobs) she actually leaps twice to reach two separate backhand overheads in the same point if you can believe it. She was a great athlete- the best in the women's field during her playing days.