TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What are your expectations for 2014 regarding our players?

View Single Post

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #11
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your expectations for 2014 regarding our players?

Hope someone will end the season inside top 50 (at least one of them).
Hope Ajla stays at the same ranking level and manages to preserve her position on the Tour, with a more demanding schedule. Anything else would be a bonus. Whether I think she can do it, absolutely.
It would be nice to see Donna making a more significant leap forward and finally breaks the top 50 after a less than satisfying 2013. She can surely do it, but of course you can't know anything due to injuries and other factors. Improvement in movement is paramount.
When it comes to Petra I have very little reservation and really want to see a solid year from her. She is someone with a talent for top 50 as the very minimum, but her arrangement with a new coach still has to be tested. She is also at the right age to do great things, so I expect quite a lot of her. If she keeps herself healthy and motivated top 40 is not impossible. I'd be happy with a position around #50 in singles and maybe around 40 in doubles.
Mirjana still has it in her to play some good tennis, and those are basically all my expectations for next year when it comes to her. I don't expect a significant forward move in rankings, but more of what we're already used to - occasional flashes of brilliance and a good run or two would be nice in either singles or doubles. Keeping herself in a position to play main draw matches at majors would be good.
Tereza could do more than so far with enough motivation and proper work. Seeing her establish herself as a steady top 150 would be nice. Improving her skills on surfaces other than clay would be good.
Ana V. had a nice 2013 and I'm hoping for something similar next year. A few ITF titles in either category, and hopefully a ranking steadily inside 200 - that would be good for her.
Ana K., I wish she manages to fulfill her goal of top100 by the end of the year, and I firmly believe she can do it. For her the most important thing is to play as much as possible and learn from playing matches, so I'd also like to see her play more doubles (she certainly has the skills for it). It'd be nice to see her qualify for a slam at least once, play main draws of some WTA's, maybe reach later rounds of doubles in some of them. If elbow doesn't create too much trouble for her, this is all achievable.

And that's pretty much it. I don't expect much from the others with a possible exception of Mikulcic and Mekovec, of whom I expect to approach closer to 300 next year and become competitive on standard challenger levels.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote