TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Romania to finally host a WTA event in 2014?

View Single Post

Old Dec 13th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #49
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romania to finally host a WTA event in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
It would be very nice but it doesn't look very credible at the moment . Last year, the Calendar was last edited on the 15th of December.
This might be the case but remember that at this time last year the tournament in Barcelona was also still standing on this provisional calendar and 2 months before it should have held the organizers were withdrawing from the WTA tour which led to the event having been held in Nuremberg instead.

I want to defend the Romanian sports media at this point by saying that I don't think these rumours are completely out of the blue. The event in Budapest is close to being shut down since Szavay has lost a top ranking spot. To be more precise, it's only a matter of time until this event will disappear from the calendar. In this case I can imagine a possible event in Bucharest already being planned as immediate back-up should Budapest already pull out in the course of the next months.

It would certainly be the perfect replacement thinking in geographic terms and the number of visitors would surmount the one in Budapest easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
E perfect pe subiect video-ul urmator :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubuc-By8hmQ&t=0m56s - - De la 0:56 pana la 1:30