TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

View Single Post

Old Dec 10th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #161
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

The Tennis Space

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

The recent appointment of Sven Groeneveld as the new coach of Maria Sharapova raised a few eyebrows. Sharapova has won all four grand slam titles but has not beaten Serena Williams since 2004. Greg Rusedski, who was coached by Groeneveld during his career, believes the Dutchman will prove to be a good appointment.

“Sven’s a very good coach; I worked with him for four years. He’s worked with many top men and women, with many world No 1s, so he knows how to handle the situation. It’s all about the small details. If you look at Sharapova’s game, what are you going to add to her game, what other dimensions are you going to put onto it? There’s not much. So you’ve got to keep her happy, make sure she trains hard and is ready for her opportunities. I think he’ll add that little half to one percent she needs. In that relationship, the first two, three months are going to be key, because obviously there are huge expectations on her going into the Australian Open.”
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote