TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your first live match...

View Single Post

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #6
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your first live match...

The first match I saw live was in Miami at the Sony Ericsson, in 2007 I guess. I think it must have been Hingis, on the stadium, or possibly Henin, but probably Hingis, shortly after 11AM in the middle of the week. There weren't a lot of people, and the atmosphere was pretty lackluster, but I learned after years of practice that the fun matches were on the outer courts.

In the big stadiums, I prefer sitting behind the baseline, because it gives you a "TV view" like you are accustomed to, but everybody has their own preferences. When you go to a bigger tourney, and can go earlier in the event, when more matches are going on, you learn that you'll usually have more fun, and get closer to the action, and the players, on the outer courts. I much prefer the sightlines and experience of watching matches on the secondary courts.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote