TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 in Review: Maria Sharapova

View Single Post

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #4
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 in Review: Maria Sharapova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
That's a nice marketing line, but does it have any factual basis? Fight is something that gets measured in adversity. It's measured when a player has DIS-advantages. Errani and Kvitova are quite close in the rankings. Kvitova is vastly more physically gifted. Errani fights harder.

Suppose I say Serena a 'great fighter'. Is that true? Or is she just better, and capable of forcing herself to play up to her potential? Azarenka impresses me more as a fighter (post US Open 2013 aside). Why? She goes power shot for power shot from the baseline with players who hit harder than she does, and actually beats them.

Sharapova is one of the biggest, strongest players on the tour, and she has very clean groundstrokes. She maximizes her potential, and she doesn't tank, but 'great fighter'? I look back over the last five years, and I don't see it.
mess
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote