TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Sofa: for off topic chat.

View Single Post

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM   #93
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post
I've already responded to this nonsense on Eugénie's 'Cheering Thread Vol. 2' (See posts #118 & #127, and also the very sensible replies by Vincey - #120 and Guichard - #122). For some reason the discussion has now spilled over onto her 'Picture Thread' as well! Everyone seems obsessed at the moment with the Laura-Génie dynamic. As Royals pointed out during that discussion, there is nothing in Génie's intonation during the radio interview to suggest she is irritated with Laura or anyone else: the idea exists purely in the imaginings of Katja and Genie_Fan. You only have to look at Laura and Génie's recent posts on social media to see that they are both in good humour and enjoying their time at Saviano's academy.
I've heard Genie's voice in interviews enough to think she was irritated at that particular moment. Her tone changed completely when she answered that one question posed by the Rogers Sportsnet interviewer. That question must have been supplied by Caroline Cameron who works for Rogers. She was discussing the situation on Twitter with Matt Cronin when Laura announced her team.

That was Genie's 'I am all business, don't mess with me' tone. She also uses that tone in French if her Anglo accented French is challenged.

Two weeks at the same academy without a picture together? On tour if they're in the same tournament they don't go two hours without tweeting a smiling besties picture.

Also note what Saviano likes to post on FB or Twitter when his students are at the academy together. He always takes a group shot with them. Last winter/spring he had shots of Genie/Sloane/Burdette together. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't want a group shot with both Genie and Laura together just to advertise his academy.

I'm not worried, but if they go the whole winter without taking a shot together on their social streams or with Nick I'd start to wonder.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote