TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 in Review: Maria Sharapova

View Single Post

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM   #2
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 in Review: Maria Sharapova

Interesting write up, but why didn't you review her loss at the AO. I would be interested in hearing what happened there, and if you consider Li Na a threat to Sharapova on par with Azarenka or S. Williams. And while you review her losses to Serena, you don't really go into depth as to why Sharapova can pretty much dominate all other players, except Azarenkan or Li Na, but struggles so badly against Serena. And after watching the Miami final, do you think that Sharapova truly took a step in the right direction, or was it more of a case that Serena got off to a slow start in the first set, how else do you explain Maria eating a bagel in the final set in such a large high profile final? How ready do you think she will be come Brisbane or the AO, having gone so long without a competitive match? And what's the real reason why she dumped J. Connors after just one match? I thought that was the most bizarre thing she did this year.