TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana's serve, then and now

View Single Post

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #12
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ana's serve, then and now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjdeAna! View Post
No, her ball toss hasn't been this bad, everything has started in summer/fall of 2008, IIRC, when the guys from Adidas training team tried to fix something which hasn't been broken and training with different-weighted balls to make her serve more unpredictable, and Ana lost confident in her serve because of new way of training, maybe this is not the main reason, but I suspect it was...

And yes, I agree that she lost power when she started losing on weight, but her FH is still one on the Tour IMO.
Wasn't there a bad thumb injury after Wimbledon 2008,or am I remembering things incorrectly?

I remember her losing the toss badly against Henin in the RG final. Put it down to nerves but perhaps there was a deeper problem?
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote