TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Nov 18th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #2274
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
No more tournaments this year.

Quite a thorough summary here about the current year: http://anettkontaveit.ee/tanavu-eesm...a-uut-hooaega/

Tried to sum it up:

*Has reached her goal to get to top 250
*She feels her game is getting better bit by bit
*She didn't know about her streak in the ITF finals
*Was very tired after those 7 matches in Moscow, that's why she failed in RG
*About the match with Bencic she says she wanted it too much and the thought of "being older and having to win" in general was what troubled her when playing juniors.
*Plans to play 20-25 tournaments next year
*Has asked for a WC in Auckland qualies, but might not go to play AO if she is denied the WC because lack of "warmup"
*Plays Fed Cup
*Wants to play some more WTA tournaments qualies in general next year
*Is satisfied with her coach
A nice summary
I think this answers a lot of our questions and I am very happy with some of the things she says like she likes to play Fed Cup and will play more WTA

Although I really hope she does come for AO, I understand why she wouldn't want to because she could lose Round 1 of AOQ and as she is going to Fed Cup won't be playing the Australian Pro Tour Events afterwards Hopefully Auckland will give her a QWC Wasn't she going to get one last year?

I think the coach is the best news as we thought she might have been having problems earlier Hope they can improve her game even more and take advantage of the lack of points she has to defend to get her into the Top 200

BTW, does she finish school next June? It will be hard to do well at school with that much tennis
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote