TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a bar

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a bar

She tells how in 2011 she had a foot fracture which made her stop for almost a year and after coming back in 2012 she wasn't feeling happy and at the end of the year started working in a 5* hotel in a ski resort behind the bar, not telling her colleagues she was once a star in Switzerland who had earn +1M$ in her brief pro career.

This year she knew that after several last minute withdrawals she was accepted in the French Open Q draw and asked permission to her boss to go despite she hadn't touched a racket for over 2 months. She played in Paris with little fortune but 2 months later she won $50K Contrexeville.

She says how tennis has never been a passion in her life but loves competition and will try to get to where she once was. She reached the final in $25K Equeurdreville last week.

Last edited by spiceboy : Nov 16th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote