TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Favorite Serena outfit of 2013?

View Single Post

Old Nov 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1
country flag Horcrux

Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future
Favorite Serena outfit of 2013?

Brisbane:

The YEC outfit, but with sleeves. I loved the YEC outfit and a shame she wore sleeves, although they always suite her well. I love the color combination, she should definitely wear more red The skirt is really nice too.

Australian Open/Doha:

I have a love/hate relationship with this dress, probably because it was cursed in AO and Doha I love the shape of it A LOT and I love that it's purple, however the orange details with dark purple are eye burning. Overall a nice dress though and I love the bandana

Miami:

Best dress of 2013 in my opinion
The shape is great and the color combination is perfect. It's so elegant, yet to vibrant and youthful.

Charleston/Madrid/Rome:

Again, orange which is my least favorite color, however it looks great on her. The top has a very feminine cut and I'm glad she decided to go sleeveless. It looked nice against the clay and she was undefeated and had most wins in it (16-0) which makes it the lucky charm outfit of 2013

French Open:

Beautiful dress. I love the color contrast and the pale navy color. It looked fantastic against the clay and the cut was very feminine and it looked sexy like a bathrobe From the first moment I saw it, I knew it would be a Slam winning dress.

Wimbledon:

Very simple, very Wimbledon like, but I really, really liked it.The top part of it was great and the bottom resembled FO. Like the AO one, great dress and shame it wasn't a Slam winning one.

Bastad/Toronto/Cincinnati:

THANK GOD she decided to wear sleeves instead of that giant pillow case Nike had prepared The skirt is suspicious when it comes to material, but she looks nice in blue. She should wear it more often (instead of orange at every tournament). Overall, decent outfit, nothing special.

US Open:

Night: Both dresses could have been longer and both looked absolutely awful in the pre USO pictures, however they looked great on Serena. I'm not a big fan of gray (but Nike is), however, the outfit was great for the evening sessions. I love the pink around the waist and in general, it looks like a powerful outfit.

Day: Surprisingly, I liked this one better. Red/Pink shades at the USO has become a tradition and I was absolutely mortified when I saw the picture, however it turned out to be absolutely fantastic

Beijing/YEC:

Definitely the worst outfit this year, hands down. The color combination is awful and she looks like a PE teacher in it. I'm not big on pale and undefined colors and to make things worse, this travesty had orange in it as well

Looking forward to a new year of success next year and hopefully more creative designs from Nike

Last edited by Horcrux : Nov 12th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Horcrux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote