TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Sofa: for off topic chat.

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #22
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
Those are some good goals. I would also add beat Bouchard and Stephens...at least once, just to prove she can.
I like Pops Maellard's suggested goals too. Beating Stephens and Bouchard is also well within Laura's capacity. She was actually carrying a back injury when she lost to Stephens at the Australian Open, and was only serving at half-pace. Even so, the match was well contested and would probably have gone down to the wire if Laura had been fully fit. She had tremendous crowd support. Her negative head-to-head record against Bouchard is also rather deceptive: both the defeats - at an ITF event last year, and at Charleston on clay this year - occurred when she was off-form and out of sorts. Nevertheless, Bouchard's game has moved on by leaps and bounds since then and it would be interesting to see what would happen now. What I would like to see is a match between them with both on top form.

Laura should set herself one another goal for the New Year: to stop throwing in the towel when she's taken to a deciding set! On far too many occasions in the spring, she came agonisingly close to beating the likes of Alizé Cornet, Sofia Arvidsson, and Domugnez Lolno in straight sets - she even had a matchpoint against Lolno - only to give up when she failed to convert the opportunity. I know it must be frustrating when you fail to close a match you're in control of, but true champions have the ability to quickly shut out the memory of missed opportunities and regroup for the start of the third set. Laura's attitude is still immature: she sulks and throws away 3 or 4 games on the trot.

One last thing: NO MORE LOSSES TO AYUMI MORITA! PLEASE!!
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote