TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #493
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Simona now ranked and seeded #11 could easily take advantage of a draw falling apart not even facing a Top 30 player until this stage for instance. With her current gamestyle I can't see her losing to any significantly lower ranked player taking in mind that she is not injured.F
Exactly. It would take a particularly bad day for her to lose early in a major, and with her last year's record in mind (what is it? like 13 losses total?) that seems less and less likely. But it has to play out. That said, I think it will.

The back-and-forth with Stephens fans over some silly award is not something to concern me, even in an off-season. I think Stephens herself is a fascinating player, really quite likable in a number of ways, though it's strange to me that the few times I've watched her being coached-on-court, she ignores this poor old man who is her coach, and the mind-game really is inscrutable with her. She's like a baseball hitter who sits, as they say here in the States, "dead-red," i.e., fastball up in the zone. She waits defensively for the ball she can slaughter. How much more I prefer to watch Halep!
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!