TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #491
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
I hope we won't see another Pennetta syndrome with Slone. After seeing the game in Bastad i had a really bad feeling when they meet in US Open. There`s something about her game that makes Simona exceedingly uncomfortable...
Survey sample too small, in my book. We need to see a replay. The Pennetta syndrome is that the Halep-Pennetta U.S. Open match was stopped for rain at an exceedingly indeterminate moment. There's no generalizing from that strange match. That said, it was a major tournament, and Halep lost. American tennis commentators are themselves exceedingly few, but here is Serena's Blogger, who calls herself Savannah's World, discussing the year-end rankings:

"I am going to mention two players not in the top ten, Simona Halep and Sloane Stephens. She [Halep] had a very nice end to the year and won a total of six titles out of the blue. Fans are predicting her to take the top ten by storm. One thing about the WTA is that doing well on the International level and so so in the majors is a route to the top that many have taken in the past. JJ and Wozniacki of course come to mind. You just play as much as you can physically stand and suddenly you're in the top five or approaching the top three. Halep is going to have to play big tournaments better. She's going to have to get past Jelena, Angelique and Caroline. None of them are going to hold the door open for her." (Savannah's World)

True enough, and getting into big matches with these folks, Sloane Stephens included, ought to be Halep's goal for this upcoming season. Whether she plays Pennetta again doesn't concern me so much.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!