TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Petra Martic~

Thread: ~Petra Martic~
View Single Post

Old Nov 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #4490
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Overall a nice match from Petra. She was solid enough on serve, smart, patient when needed, and certainly left the impression of being the more experienced of the two on court. She could've done more in my opinion to draw her opponent forward, where ALF seems to feel less comfortable, or to come forward more herself (which is usually one of her strenghts) but I guess it wasn't necessary.

As for Friedsam, she definately has potential as a power player, she can hit wonderful groundstrokes and impose impressive pace into the rally, not to mention have a great use of her serve, but luckily for Petra, Friedsam's main weapon (serve) wasn't really working today and that made for a much easier job for Martic. Second set was not much of a contest cause, to my surprise, Friedsam pretty much folded over once she realized things aren't going the way she'd want them to this time - she should work on that attitude if she wants to make some real progress in terms of rankings. Technical abilities she's got, but that's not all that is needed to make a great player.

So this is another step closer to that AO MD spot in Melbourne, and I think all Petra needs is one more win, either here or in Dubai. Next up for her is probably Shvedova, who can be a very tricky opponent on her day, but luckily for Petra her day doesn't happen all too often. If Petra can repeat something similar to what she showed today I believe she can advance to the semis. But let's wait and see whom she'll play first.

Good job today Petra, congrats
ma re is online now View My Blog!