TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

View Single Post

Old Nov 6th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #74
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
Is the non mention of joyce a narrow specific reason, or just a general take it for granted that he is not acceptable? It is not like she was a total failure with him as her coach.
I dont think as a primary/technical coach he is that great. I think he is a good hitting partner/motivator and assistant coach but not as the head honcho. Plus it would be going backwards. Maria is looking for someone to take her to that next level.

TBH I would even be happy to have Connors back. Hoggie did a great job with her fitness and technique if she could keep that up I think Connors would take her mentality to the next level and really unleash that inner mongrel again that she had in her early years. She is still a fierce competitor but she was such a vicious and mean competitor in her early years and I think she needs it back.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote