TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Thomas Hogsted now in the Wozz camp

View Single Post

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #7
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thomas Hogsted now in the Wozz camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
is it possible for caroline to have more powerful shots? give an offensive weapon like that to someone with her defensive skills and we have something like vika.
I don't think that Caroline will ever be a player with lots of power - she just doesn't have it in her. Late in 2011 she for a few tournaments tried to do what her critics always say she should do and she tried to hit opponents of the court. But the result was that she was just slapping flattened out forehands into the tramlines and into the net. Imo you can't really go too much against what comes naturally for a player. Trying to make a power hitter out of Caroline would be like trying to rebuild Maria's game around a strong defense. I do believe however that a player can improve on her weaknesses, one percent at a time. That's what Hogstedt did with Maria. Maria's movement will never be one of her strenghts, but it got a bit better with Hogsted. She learned to slide on clay. She added a bit more spin on those agressive groundstrokes to give her a bit more room for error. Add it all up and you have a player who was able to win the FO. I hope that Hogsted can also improve Caroline's weaknesses by just those few percents that can make all the difference between winning or losing certain matches.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote