TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 09:02 PM   #2203
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I didn't see "unspectacular" and "boring" while watching her today. I saw someone who is consistent, who is able to hit heavy balls with nice placement, someone who is quick and takes her chances when she sees them. I'd say she's kind of like Kerber, but with a really good serve. But I do want to see how she performs in a high-pressure Slam match, maybe with Maria or Vika in a Round 4-type situation
I've watched her in a few matches only this year, the last of them being in Moscow tournament. I wouldn't call the ball she hits "heavy", at least not the same overpowering ball that true hitters like Maria and Kvitova hit. She's fast though, but so are plenty of other players of her size (Kirilenko, Pennetta and etc). Her biggest issue is her serve, and that's where her limitations are the most obvious - the likes of Maria and Vika will always feed on weak serves and being of such small stature won't help Halep either. But if folks want to claim she will be great, good for them. I'm personally very skeptical about small girls and their chances in today's game, but maybe romanian will prove me wrong and do a Henin someday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!