TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Andreea Mitu

Thread: Andreea Mitu
View Single Post

Old Oct 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #338
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Andreea Mitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I watched Mitu-Paszek and the standard of hitting was really good at some points. Mitu reminded me of a Cirstea-lite, winning a lot of points with her serve + FH combo but it seemed as though she stopped going for her shots, especially her FH, in the third set. She led 3-0 and 4-1 in the third set but I think her lack of belief cost her the victory because she was gesticulating like she was 3-0 and 4-1 down which was perplexing as she had the match in the palm of her hand and I was questioning Paszek's spirit as she seemed rather defeated at 3-0 down and ripe for the picking.

I can't remember the exact point of the match because I was chatting through most of the matches but Paszek produced an excellent off-balance BH DTL to save a BP in the third set and I think that was the pivotal point in deciding the outcome. The BH is still a sweetly timed shot but the rest of her game is very shaky. She couldn't get a FH over the net in the first three games, her service motion is still hitchy (she seemed to smooth out that quirk during her run at Wimbledon last year which was the last time I saw her play), her second serve is still , she doesn't hit that well on the run, even on the BH side when she's really stretched wide but she is looking very fit. Hopefully these three-set wins should instill some confidence which she still seems to lack. She was pumping herself up by shouting 'come on' but they seemed quite contrived. Even so, I prefer that attitude to Mitu's. Paszek yelled 'come on' after the win while Mitu chucked her racket on the ground and that pretty much summed up their temperaments.

Paszek did have a bit of a diva moment though. She got a rotten call and she dropped her racket on the ground, marched up to the umpire and demanded to see the supervisor, who duly arrived onto court a few minutes later. The chair umpire also told her off earlier for calling a let.
Oh, Andreea...
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote