TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena W. vs. R. Nadal | Battle of mental strengths

View Single Post

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #50
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena W. vs. R. Nadal | Battle of mental strengths

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswfan View Post
I am a big Serena fan but I have to vote for Nadal. I remember that he missed tons of chances against Federer at 2008 Wimbledon, where he already lost to Fed 2 years in a row. But he regrouped and finally beat Fed in fifth set. Which is what Serena cannot do. Serena can come back from a huge down yes, but I doubt that she can still win after missing many chances against someone who she's REALLY afraid of in a Grand Slam final.
But that's the thing, Serena isn't afraid of anyone, whereas Nadal is. They gained their mental stability in different ways; Serena think she's the best, whereas Nadal only thinks about never going down without a fight, and sticking to his game plan religiously.

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote