TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Vrljic cheering thread

View Single Post

Old Oct 29th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #442
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

Ana is back in action on the hardcourts of GBR this week in Barnstaple 75k. Here are her sections in singles and doubles draw respectively:

[6]Watson vs Kucova
(WC)Windley vs Vrljic
Moore vs Marcinkevica
(WC)Webley-Smith vs [4]Konta

Konta/Watson vs Majeric/Mitu
Gatto-Monticone/Rosatello vs [3]Barrois/Vrljic

She is playing both her singles and doubles R1 match today, singles as the third match of the day on C2 and doubles as the third match on C5. I don't see any streaming available from this event unfortunately.

I'm secretly (or not so secretly...) hoping for a bit of a surprise here cause it's a great chance for Ana to pick up some nice points, as well as to be absolutely certain of her place in the Melbourne quali draw. She is pretty much sure that she'll be there, but she is still defending some points this year and losing all those could see her dropping down to roughly #220. That's of course good enough for like a 95% chance of getting into AO QD, but to make it 100% she could use another 20-30 points this year. A quarterfinal here would be enough. Now if only Watson doesn't show up to play some overly serious tennis...

Anyway, good luck Ana
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote