TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

View Single Post

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #1632
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggoTHEgoat View Post
So it just occurred to me that after playing in the Olympics last year and the Hopman Cup in 2010 and 2011, this year the streak ended because Andy and Laura didn't play mixed doubles at any tournament. I hope this isn't the end of their partnership, they are such a fun and entertaining pair to watch, oh and successful too as the name of this thread will attest. Who can forget the post match interviews from the 2010 Hopman Cup and all the giggling and banter, I don't think I've ever seen Andy smile so much! Also it really is remarkable how patient he is with Laura and doesn't just smash his racket every time she double faults on break point.

They won't be playing at the Hopman Cup 2014 and its unlikely Andy will play mixed at a slam so I guess it was fun while it lasted
I think they will definitely partner again in Rio 2016. I'm sure they will partner for a slam at one point too, hopefully Wimbledon. Although it might not be next year considering Andy needs to come back from back surgery and try and defend his Wimbledon title etc.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote