TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

View Single Post

Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM   #168
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's fall 2013 campaign

^ No, no inside scoop whatsoever. But reading between the lines, her fitness issue is obviously not troubling enough to cause her to withdraw from Barnstaple and make her way back to Florida, which she would have done quickly if it was serious. Thus, I'm guessing she tweaked something and decided not to risk more trouble so that she knows she can at least play the next two events. And I don't think she was thrilled with her draw in Poitiers, anyhow. Not saying she "quit" against Hradecka, but my guess is that she was not broken hearted to have to withdraw as a fitness precaution.

And Barnstaple is full of weaker players she should pounce upon as a seed, with Riske and others likely going to be very tired by the time they get there. If Miki is fresh and rested, I don't think any lack of practice will hurt her at this point on these surfaces. I predict that the stars will align for her and she'll win that $75K ... if she plays it.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote