TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 03:23 AM   #4963
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
God, you're not kidding with the reoccurring posts. I haven't posted recently cuz it's like what else do I have to say about Caro? Everything that can possibly have been said has been said... 10 times over .

About the NFL: I agree with you about Denver. Their defense isn't that good. I wouldn't even be surprised if Indy beat them tonight. However, I disagree about Jax. They're pathetic! They can't score more than 10 points a game and their defense isn't that great either. If anyone can go 0-16, it's Jax.

About Caro, any wild and crazy guesses about who her new coach will be (if any)? If I had to take a shot in the dark, I would say Michael Mortensen.
Mortensen wouldn't be a bad selection, IMO, but it should at least be a person with a decent track record--someone who could give Caroline wise input on how to strike the balance between aggression and her defensive tactics. I appreciate all that Piotr has done, and that includes his formative role in Caroline's development as a human being...yet it appears that he's taken her as far as he's capable.

As for the Jaguars, it wouldn't totally shock me if they went winless, but it WOULD surprise me just a bit. You're right that they suck abundantly, however it takes more than suckiness to go winless. I've seen some abysmal teams that managed to eke out one or more games at season's end when they faced opponents who were playing out the string, with little motivation......while the winless team played with passion to avoid the stigma of finishing 0-16. I've seen that in more than a half dozen cases. Like I posted earlier, that Lions team was "special" because they had very few mature vets who played with professional pride. When they fell behind in games, they usually quit.

The Jags are at least trying...just without much skill. I haven't checked their schedule, but they'll probably meet someone who's mailing it in at season's end...someone who'll allow them the "dignity" of being 1-15. I won't throw it in your face if they win a game, though I'll tip my hat to you if your prediction comes true

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!