Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

305K views 5K replies 156 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Time for a new volume!

#2,022 ·
Just started watching Orange is the New Black and I could cry. It's so good :sobbing:

Also, can we discuss American Horror Story? Every piece of dialogue basically makes me cream my pants :sobbing: :bowdown:

#2,038 ·
Same. Hoping JJ/Petra win the YEC now.

#2,055 ·
JJ winning the first set against Guest Satan :sobbing: :hearts:

Honestly, the only thing that will make the YEC bearable this year without Maria is JJ slaying, Vika flopping, and Petra/Na in the semis :sobbing:

#2,057 ·
OMG - is it petty of me that this is the happiest I've been watching tennis since R1 of Wimbledon? :oh: So happy for JJ.

Slightly concerned that the Brisbane organisers haven't announced Maria yet :unsure: They've already confirmed Serena, Azarenka and even Lisicki. I guess it might just be that they're haggling over appearance fees (maybe they're not willing to give her a huge fee again after she withdrew the last 2 years), but if she's misleading us again... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure nothing official has been announced so not sure why Na-Mug created that thread in GM. It seemed like it was just based on her twitter reply, which I'm not willing to put a lot of faith in given her "training" pics over the summer.

#2,056 ·
Slightly concerned that the Brisbane organisers haven't announced Maria yet :unsure: They've already confirmed Serena, Azarenka and even Lisicki. I guess it might just be that they're haggling over appearance fees (maybe they're not willing to give her a huge fee again after she withdrew the last 2 years), but if she's misleading us again... :rolleyes:

#2,061 ·
I actually do think she might skip AO now, Paris next year is literally THE week after the AO. What if she makes the SFs/F? Even with her BYE and a Thursday start thats not really all that much time to recover, and she'll get a 0 pointer as she's committed so it'll fuck over her ranking. :tape:

#2,063 ·
In 2012 there was not one, but TWO weeks gap.

It went like this.

Australian Open
Australian Open
Fed Cup
Paris

Next year it'll be

Australian Open
Australian Open
Paris

I doubt she'll play if she goes deep, it'll be like Birmingham.

#2,066 ·
Saturday night final, so she probably would still be there until Monday or if she is really eager to leave Sunday, arriving to Paris Monday. But she'd be really exhausted, even with a few days rest, the best she can have if she makes the final is 3 days (monday-wednesday) cos she'd have to play thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.