TennisForum.com - View Single Post - <3 <3 <3 Gotcha! The Official DimiPova Thread <3 <3 <3

View Single Post

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #185
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: <3 <3 <3 Gotcha! The Official DimiPova Thread <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noten View Post
Winning a first title at 22 . The hype machine will be in full force again now, no doubt.
Yes, but in tennis any positive comment about someone not in the top three or four is called hype. Meanwhile I see positive articles 24/7 (page after page of them) about football players just because they happened to score a goal against a team that wouldn't even rank among the top 1000 teams in the world. Tennis fans should appreciate their athletes more I think. If you're the 50th best football player in the world you are a hero. If you're the 50th best boxer you're no doubt the WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF , FBI, CIA or IRA champion of the world in one of their countless weight divisions. If you're the 50th best swimmer you've probably won a medal - maybe even a gold at the Olympics because there are so many events to choose from. And so on.... But if you're the 50th best tennis player in the world you're just being called a scrub.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote