TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Articles and Interviews

View Single Post

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #3839
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I guess it depends on what sort of time period she was referencing/thinking of. If the time period in question was the last two tournaments, Tokyo and Beijing, then I would say it's a good thing. But if it's most of the past couple of years, then I'd say it's a bad thing.

What does Caro consider her comfort zone to be? If it's more or less just waiting for an opponent's unforced errors, then she's not gonna have that much success doing that.

Maybe something has been lost in the translation into english as far as those phrases go.
When Caro was winning Tier I's she wasnt waiting for errors. When there was a chance to be aggressive with her backhand, she went for it. Her forehand just doesnt have enough consistency for her to be aggressive. She has to hit to either corner, but with her forehand, she has to be steady. Otherwise she's just giving key points away and the result is where she is the last 2 years. Almost no titles, no good slam runs, and no YEC as a top 8 player at the end of the year.

If getting brave and leaving her comfort zone continue, she just doesnt have the consistency to win like that
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote