TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Bojana Jovanovski...

View Single Post

Old Oct 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #3451
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bojana Jovanovski...

Jovanovski Ousts Schiavone In Luxembourg

Quote:
Bojana Jovanovski recorded her 14th win in her last 16 matches with a defeat of Francesca Schiavone in the first round of the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open.

LUXEMBOURG, Luxembourg - Bojana Jovanovski beat Francesca Schiavone in straight sets to advance to the second round of the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open.

Jovanovski managed just one game in her last match against former French Open champion Li Na in Beijing two weeks ago. But on Monday against another former Roland Garros winner, Schiavone, she fared better in securing a 64 63 victory. The eighth-seeded Serb closed especially strong in each set, as she won the last four games of the first set from 4-2 down, including the last 10 points, and the last three games of the second set from 3-3, including the last eight points.

"I started a little bit badly with my serve," Jovanovski said. "But I found my game in the middle of the first set and all the way through the second. First rounds indoors are always tough. I needed time to get used to it, but for a first match I played really well."

After being plagued by back and wrist injuries for much of this season, Jovanovski has come on as of late, with a run that has included 14 wins in her last 16 matches, a WTA title in Tashkent and a WTA 125K Series title in Ningbo.

"I didn't play many tournaments this year because of injuries and wasn't able to practice too much," Jovanovski said. "I'm really happy I've played really well at the end of the year, winning two titles and beating good players. Maybe because I didn't expect too much and have been relaxed."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-in-luxembourg
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote