TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

View Single Post

Old Oct 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #1975
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimaa View Post
There were some really vile comments in there. I suppose the anonymity of the keyboard allows some to show their true bitter personas. Very disappointing.
Bitching about people who have achieved a thousand times more than they ever will takes their minds of what losers they are themselves. Besides, hard to know who exactly qualifies for which category, but my guess is that about 10% of them are REAL fruitcakes with serious mental problems while 90% are just fakes having a bit of what they would call "fun."

But be that as it may, it makes GM a total waste of time. The same is probably true for most other sports forums. Sports bring out the worst in people and only a very tiny minority even attempt to look at things objectively. This in contrast to, say, forums about music, movies or the arts where you try to convince other posters to also have a listen or a look to whatever it is you're into, or if not to try to explain to them why you like what you like and why they are wrong for not liking it. On sports forums the vast majority of posters enter the conversation with a very prejudiced agenda. As far as womens tennis goes that agenda is as simplistic as "my fave is a genius and a jewel among women while your fave is a scrub and a bitch."

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote