TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Oct 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #4109
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Last year i found it fun to pick out the best matches she played all season. It was many to pick from but i landed at four.

This year it is a bit harder, it is easy to find single sets she played great in. Both final sets in Doha and Cincinatti were great. But she had some dips in those matches.

Doha was great quality overall.

So far i think i rate the AO final highest. Just because of what she had to go through before and during the match, and still win over an Li Na. Remember Li Na barely lost games to Sharapova in the semi final and Sharapova barely lost games in the tournament before that (and so on).

Hopefully the best match(es) will come in Istanbul though.

Opinions?
If we ignore the routs where she played beautifully but against weak opposition, like Goerges in Rome or Schiavone in Paris, then I'm going with the Cincinatti final as her best performance. She played very very well in the final set at Doha but Serena played quite conservative that set, in some ways it was more of a psychological obstacle for Vika than a tennis one. Serena asked her to win the points, and she did, but against another player playing like that you'd expect Vika if playing well to win.

Cincinatti stands out because of Vika's lift in level and her ability to maintain it when Serena raised hers.

I also thought she played very well for two sets in the loss in New York, up there with Cincinatti.

For non-Serena matches the AO quarter final is a good shout. Very high quality first set from both players which only Vika was able to maintain in the second.

Of course the best five matches are yet to come