TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

View Single Post

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3915
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I admit she had some good wins with Erakovic, Garcia, Govortsova, Voskoboeva, Vekic and Lepchenko and she did a great job getting back close to top 150, but I still see 2013 as a disappointing tennis year for Alex.
Alexandra's problem was that she couldn't win back to back matches to save her life. There are players who win WTA titles by beating these above, but they do so within one week and the ranking system unfortunately only rewards runs and not single victories.

The new voting system starting at 2014 will be even more rigid in this regard. I hope she can leave her physical troubles behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I am not worried about Alexandra because she is always at peace with what she does.
I love this expression and I guess you nailed it.

Despite all her injuries and troubles, Alexandra still comes across as the most grounded out of all our girls. She seems solid in everything she does and even if she was losing it mentally in some matches this year you always know that she gave her best and her body simply not allowed her to do more.