TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

View Single Post

Old Oct 3rd, 2013, 03:55 PM   #12
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Thanks for the new volume.

Completely right decision to pull out of Linz. Simona has reached a ranking region now in which MMs should be more or less considered as preparation for the big events rather than useful occasions to get cheap points. That doesn't mean that she shouldn't play any smaller events at all, but Linz is usually one of the strongest and she would have needed a SF at least to make this tournament somewhat relevant for her ranking.

I guess some rest in between and a lighter training schedule in regard to her physical problems seem much more sensible to me.

Interesting to see if she will show up in Moscow. Playing one indoor event before Sofia would be the best, even though Moscow is slower than most clay courts now.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!