TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

View Single Post

Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #3913
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Small picture: A loss is a loss, no matter what the final score is. She played one match in Miami and she lost it. Since her comeback she played 4 matches that needed a 3rd set and she lost 3 of them, so I guess, yeah, if you're an optimist you can say that she's fit, if you're not, you can say that she's fit enough to finish 3 sets matches, but not fit enough to win them.

Big picture: Top 100? For sure, perhaps next year. Top 30? I strongly doubt it. (But I secretly wish to be wrong on the last prediction )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Alex will finish THIS YEAR in the top 100. Next year, probably 30, but definitely at least top 50. Mark my words.
Hate to be one of the "I told you so" people, but after that terrible loss to Medina in Miami things were pretty clear. I admit she had some good wins with Erakovic, Garcia, Govortsova, Voskoboeva, Vekic and Lepchenko and she did a great job getting back close to top 150, but I still see 2013 as a disappointing tennis year for Alex.

Anyway, I really hope she will come back stronger, faster and better than ever in 2014. She totally deserves to get back on the top.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote