TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vika 2014 Schedule Thread

View Single Post

Old Sep 30th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #7
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika 2014 Schedule Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
She's not playing Linz or Luxembourg this year, why would she play there next year?

I think she will keep her schedule light again and I will probably be out of luck again. Going to Dubai, Stuttgart & Eastbourne next year and I bet she won't play neither of them
She basically has to play one of these, or at least commit to one of them. According to spiceboy they have changed the premier 700 commitment rule from next year and now any 2 count. But most of these are on terrible weeks. Almost certainly one will be Brisbane. Then your left with these.

Sydney - I don't see her playing both weeks going into AO.
Paris - The week after AO. No thanks.
Dubai - Week after Doha. The fact she's late withdrawn last 2 years is the main off putting thing.
Charleston - No chance.
Stuttgart - The best place in the calendar outside of Brisbane of any of these.
Birmingham - The week after FO.
Eastbourne - The week before Wimbledon.
Stanford - The week before Montreal, Cincinnati. Hard to see her playing 3 weeks in a row in build up to USO.
New Haven - No chance.
Tokyo - A week after USO. She seems to like it here. But she's got ill here the last 2 years, hard to see her playing.
Moscow - The week before Singapore.

I think from 2015 she'd be better off playing Birmingham (which is nowhere near as nice as Eastbourne incidentally, but alas it is what it is).

The only good options feel like Dubai and Stuttgart.

I actually thought she'd enter Monterrey again after saying she'd love to go there after this year fell through. But they've already announced Ivanovic and Wozniacki, so it seems unlikely.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote