TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF!

View Single Post

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #1969
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of
Re: Venus is getting her ranking up in Tokyo: with a 209 kmh serve into the SF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
Any interview after the match? I'd love to hear Vee's thoughts
"Venus was a very tough opponent today. I knew she was playing very well here, and for her it's great to have this many matches. She missed some tournaments this year and it's important to stay healthy and play a lot. If she keeps this up she can be one of the players who can win Grand Slams."

Williams had revived her season - and career, really - with some vintage form during the week, taking out two of the hottest players of the year en route to the semis, namely No.2 seed Victoria Azarenka and No.13 seed Simona Halep. And while this run is over, it could be the start of something big.

"Coming into tournaments you never know how it's going to turn out, but I played a lot of great matches here," Williams said. "Today didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but she played very well today, and a lot of it came down to match play too - she was hitting a lot of unreturnable shots in the tie-break.

"As I get into these positions more I'll start to convert - just a few painful misses today."
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote