TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #3990
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I don't think it was a bad decision to play. Your ill, playing won't make you worse, it won't make your recovery longer, there's no injury that can get worse. She was unlucky with the draw really, if she'd faced someone with less of a first serve than Venus she could have won. I think she still would have beaten the majority of non-seeded players in the draw. It was a free hit so to speak, she had nothing really to lose from playing, but could have maybe bluffed her way into the draw if she had won.
Yeah I really don't think the performance today would've made her much worse. Obviously it is a high intensity situation, but she clearly wasn't try to push her body too far, and it's actually often good to get limited exercise when you're sick. I just hope she recovers in time to play well in Beijing!!

Also, since we all say Vika playing so shitty it's easy to ignore, but Veeyoncé played quite well. Many other opponents would've been intimidated by just facing Vika or just been beatable, like Vinci last year.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!