TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #3985
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Okay off topic, but what does everyone think about her not grunting today? I imagine it was to save energy and because she wasn't really playing intensely enough to grunt anyway, but it was a bit strange…*I just hope she wasn't doing it do to any pressure from the media or something.
I definitely think it's because she's ill. If it's a scratchy throat, grunting would just make it worse.

I don't buy into the whole "we must stop players from grunting" bull. I just don't see how it could be done. They tried it with Monica at Wimbledon years ago and it failed because she sucked in the final. Are some grunts more annoying to some, sure, but honestly I look at them as a gauge of effort by the player. The louder the grunt, the more intense the point or tense the player.